PDF with slides of the course:
- Data management definitions
- RDM and DM policy
- DMPs: content and competencies
- DMPs for European and National funded projects
PDF with slides of the course in Spanish
- Data management definitions
- DMP Objectives
- DMP Content and structure
- Competencies needed
- Practical session: DMP content analysis and evaluation
Scientific topics: FAIR data, Data management
Keywords: ELIXIR-CONVERGE, DMP, DMP tools, DMP templates, DMP evaluation, Data managment plan, research data management, FAIR principles, tools, template, competency, evaluation, online, e-learning, Spanish
Resource type: PDF, e-learning, slideck/ presentation
Best practices for writing reproducible data-analysis
Creating a reproducible and re-usable data-analysis environment with Rstudio
Valorisation and IP
- Basics of Tech Transfer and IPR from an academic perspective
- Insights as to:
- Why is it important when handling and managing research data?
- How do IP rights fit in FAIR data principles
- When to safeguard data for proprietary protection?
- why preserve data
- what data should be preserved
- how share data
- where to deposit your data
- Fairsharing, re3data
- ELIXIR Core Resources
- Data Formats
- Generic archives
- how to find existing data (OmicsDI, pubmed, BioStudies, Google Data search, Data Management Hub)
- datasets as first-class research products
- research software as first-class research products
- data citations
“Documentation is a love letter that you write to your future self.”
Damian Conway (2005)
Make your data as useful as possible for “your future self” and others
Never forget what you did or how or why you did it
Always find beck your precious data (easily)
Make data understandable,...
This is an online tutorial where you can learn how to write tool wrappers and workflows using the Common Workflow Language (CWL). The materials provided here describe the first stable version of the CWL - Version 1.0. The tutorial is hosted on the [ELIXIR-SI eLearning...
This is an online tutorial where you can learn how to install the Beacon application and "light a beacon" (i.e. deploy the Beacon application) on your data.
The tutorial is hosted on the ELIXIR-SI eLearning Platform (EeLP). The main part of the tutorial are learning materials with...
Materials from the ELIXIR workshop “ELIXIR TtR course: Basic genomics using advanced analysis tools”, Nov 5-6 2018 at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine, Ljubljana, Slovenia
The Ontology Lookup Service (OLS) provides access to over 150 public biomedical ontologies. You can use OLS to search and visualise ontologies, and an API is also provided for programmatic access. Ontologies provide standard terminology for describing data that help us integrate and analyse data....
Claire O'Donovan, leader of the Protein Function Content team at EMBL-EBI, gives an introduction into biocuration and talks about what it is like to work as a biocurator and the skill sets you need.
This webinar was recorded on 2 March 2016 and is best viewed using Google Chrome and in...