Slides for 'Tool Dependencies and Conda' tutorial
The questions this addresses are:
- How can I connect tools to applications and libraries?
- What are the advantages of declaring dependencies for my tool?
- What are Conda and Bioconda?
- What are Conda recipes and environments?
- How do I find and use existing Conda recipes?
- How do I develop Conda recipes for use within Galaxy tools?
\nThe objectives are:
- Learn to use existing Conda recipes to enable best practice tool dependency management in Galaxy.
- Learn the basics of building Conda recipes and contributing to Bioconda.
- Learn to use Planemo to assist in developing Galaxy tools from existing and new Conda recipes.
Licence: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International
Target audience: Students
Resource type: slides
Contributors: Björn Grüning, Hervé Ménager, John Chilton, Nicola Soranzo