Epigenetics - DNA Methylation data analysis
DNA methylation is an epigenetic mechanism used by higher eukaryotes and involved in e.g. gene expression, X-Chromosome inactivating, imprinting, and gene silencing of germline specific gene and repetitive elements.
Questions of the tutorial:
- What is methylation and why it cannot be recognised by a normal NGS procedure?
- Can a different methylation influence the expression of a gene? How?
- Which tools you can use to analyse methylation data?
Objectives of the tutorial:
- Learn how to analyse methylation data
- Get a first intuition what are common pitfalls.